- A total of 75 separate commodity codes (at 8-digit level) will benefit from duty exemption;
- Of these, 26 will be subject to quota limits, on a first-come, first-served basis;
- In all cases, goods must meet GSP rules of origin, and at import must be accompanied by a valid GSP Form A, with specific endorsement making reference to the relevant EU Council Regulation (This has not yet been published, so the final wording of the endorsement cannot be confirmed yet).
- Claims to the quota preference are likely to be subject to a deposit / guarantee to cover the event that a quota may become exhausted quickly.
- If imports from Pakistan of any product increases by 25% or more during the period of this measure, the duty exemption will be removed, from such offending products.
- The measure will expire on 31 December 2013. The start date of the measure is subject to publication of a Council Regulation, however we expect this to be 15 November 2012.
We have a list of all products affected by this measure. For further details, please call us on 01635 521 624, or email firstname.lastname@example.org